Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy President's Day

When I was a little girl living, at the time' in Illinois.  The first President I learned about was Abraham Lincoln, not because he lived where I lived, but because he was on that little copper coin that I loved so much as a little girl.  I still do, after all these years we still have almost every year, thanks to Jeff who as a little boy collected coins with his grandfather, but that's another story.  Thanks to Jeff, you see I had to pawn all of my coins.  But Jeff had all of his.  It all came back to me when I saw all those wonderful blue books with all the little spots all filled with my favoriet coin.





 So we went to D.C.  I had to see him.  I memorized every inch of his face.  I was so excited to see his hands.  They reminded me of papa'.  His left hand was just like his.  It was soo cool to see the way the thumb stuck out.



Jut love his boots...


and just look at the details

 I just fell in love with the everything about it.
..








Let's just say that I was 
TICKLED PINK!







No comments:

Post a Comment